7.11.2008

1.2.3.4.5.6 facts for you

1. I almost drowned in my Tita’s pool when I was 5.

I had just started taking swimming lessons, so I still sucked at swimming. Being the idiot that I was at 5 years of age, I decided to let go of the edge. I sank like a rock. My brother, who was 14 at the time and totally into wearing super baggy jeans, saw me and then didn’t see me. He ran over, jumped into the pool (baggy jeans and all), and saved me. That’s why my big brother is my hero! :)


2. I threw up on my math book, not because I hate math, but because I’m a rule abiding citizen…sometimes.

I was in second grade. We were working on division or multiplication or something like that in our math workbooks. As a 7 year old, I was a rule abiding student. I wasn’t a teacher’s pet or anything; it’s just that I used to have a huge fear of getting in trouble and being yelled at. Anyways, the reason I told you that was because of this: As we were working, my stomach started to hurt. I felt dizzy so I got up to see if the hallway pass was hanging by the door. Some stupid girl took it already…and I thought, “Stupid girl! My stomach hurts!” Since the pass wasn’t there I didn’t want to leave class "illegally", so I sat back down. Within 1 minute of sitting down, I threw up all over my math book. Let’s just say the other kids weren’t all too happy about that. To this day I don’t know what I ate that made me sick, but afterwards, I was totally better.


3. I made a girl cry in eighth grade.

The girl was actually one of my friends. We all made fun of each other, but I guess I teased her a little bit more so than the others (she was an easy target because she never had any comebacks.) This was also the age at which I discovered that people have different sensitivity levels. Anyways, I used to make fun of her height even though I was only about ¼ of an inch taller than her. Maybe she never noticed that. During P.E. another friend and I were playing keep away from her (it was free day.) As we were playing and laughing, she just cracked. She started crying like crazy. And I thought, “wtf?!” Of course that wasn’t a phrase in my vocabulary yet, but I must have thought something to that extent. Basically she used the innocent card and got a bunch of people on her side. I guess even at the age of 12 I was an already somewhat insensitive. There were only 2 people on my side, I have no idea why. She complained to everyone and her tears did not help my case. In the end, right before science class, I stated my case. My case was: I only pick on you because I’m really comfortable with you. You don’t see me cracking jokes at Andrew (not one of my closer friends.) All of us (referring to our little group of friends) make fun of each other. I had no intention of hurting you. I’m sorry. She said something back in a sort of yelling tone and everyone turned around. Mr. Casas (my science teacher) asked if everything was alright. At that point, I dropped it. We stayed friends, but we never got any closer. I refrained from making fun of her after that.

Moral of the story: I make fun of people a lot when we’re good friends. Apparently it’s my way of showing affection. Oh and I was a nerd, but also a jerk in middle school. To this day, I still think she was overacting; doing it just to get attention. If ever I go too far with my jokes, please don’t start crying. You can just tell me and I’ll stop. :)


4. I still have my favorite stuff animal.

When I was 5 I got a tiny stuff animal polar bear. For some reason I really like this one stuff animal. I named him polar (yes, I know…very creative.) Anyways, I still have him; he’s 16 years old now and has no nose. His nose broke off when I was 7 because my brother threw him on the ground. That’s a long story, so I won’t go into that one.


5. I am reason why Frances has a scar on the middle figure of her right hand.

I was probably 10 or something, making Frances 13. I wanted Kool-aid, but this was when it was still in a can and not the twist top plastic powder containers. I ran to go ask my dad, but he was in the bathroom and told me to wait. Being an inpatient and thirsty kid, I asked Frances to open it for me with the electric can opener. It opened it half way. Frances then resorted to using some sort of knife to pry it open. All I can say is this was a very bad idea. I guess the knife slipped and she sliced her finger open. It was pretty deep. She somewhat remained calm and put her hand over the sink running water to clear the blood. Either way, it was deep. I ran to get my dad. Boy was he angry. He ran to the kitchen, wrapped Frances’ hand tight and we went to the hospital where she got several stitches. I’m not sure how many, but yes, that is why she has a scar on her finger.


6. For my senior prom, I asked the guy.

He was 2 years older, so he had already graduated and I figured he wasn’t going to ask me. He was my best friend’s boyfriend’s best friend. So the easiest way for me to ask him was through writing. I really didn’t want to ask him face to face, so I wrote a 2 page essay. Haha, I know really nerdy. I handed it too him while a bunch of us were hanging our at a friend’s house. I told him it was for my English class and I needed someone to proof read it. He looked annoyed when I handed it to him. He said he’d read it later. About 2 hours after I gave it to him, my best friend told him to read it. He was hesitant and annoyed, but she made him read it anyways. I wrote the essay like it was an adventure story (I like creative writing.) The story was about the past year and how we became friends. At the end, I asked, “Will you go to Prom with me?” He walked over to me, said this was the nicest thing anybody’s ever written for him and said yes. And that my friends, is how I got a date for prom.


The End.


Meechy
Abby
Toni
Janice
Cristina
Angie
Julian
Kathy
Krystle Diane
Kim

3 Comments:

Blogger NeZ said...

I can't decide which one of your facts are my favorite: the one where you show off your jerky side or your sleek, how-i-got-a-prom-date side... hahaha. =) you're awesome!

4:10 AM  
Blogger anna liza said...

LOL i would've been the girl you made cry if we were friends in middle school hahaha. oh bellamay! these were good stories... so THAT'S how you get all the guys ;)

9:47 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

princess bell!!!

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home