"I am early in my story, but I believe I will stretch out into eternity, and in heaven I will reflect upon these early days, these days when it seemed God was down a dirt road, walking toward me. Years ago He was a swinging speck in the distance; now He is close enough I can hear His singing. Soon I will see the lines on His face."
-Donald Miller
Gotta love our journey with God, right? I like that quote because it feels applicable to where I'm at. I mean He's always known me, but I guess the quote just describes my learning process of our relationship. Seriously though, I swear I can hear Him singing sometimes. And I love the idea of seeing the lines on His face. Also for some reason I never actually considered seeing the lines of God's face. Does God have lines? Haha, I don't know. Doesn't matter though cuz He's God.
Anyways, I found that quote in a book I discovered at the thrift store own/operated by my high school youth minister. It's actually pretty cool because all the money earned from that place goes into their mexico missions. Haven't gone on one, a mexico mission that is, since high school. Fran and I planned on going to one a couple weeks ago, but it got canceled do to scheduling conflicts. Maybe it just wasn't the right one. Anyways, I thought it was cool how i was drawn to that book because there are lots of books there and of all the books there, I opened that one. The reason i picked this book is because the title was "blue like jazz." Why in the world would I be interested in a book with that title? Well for one thing I like jazz music, though i don't know much about the music, i just love the random rhythms and sound. Secondly, I like the color blue...haha. True story! So I decided to read the opening paragraph and there was that quote. Needless to say, i bought the book. I wouldn't say it's a great book, but it's an easy read and each chapter is a story about realizations made by the author. Some I can relate to, others are just a little different for me. I suppose this is just part of my summer reading. :)
Other news to share. I started playing tennis twice a week. Yay for summer practices at my old high school. Wish I could play everyday with them, but I like having a job. So i guess it works out evenly. Seriously, i don't know why i forget how much I love playing. It's like a 3 hour break from reality. I love it! I get to be that 15 year old girl again, though slightly more out of shape with rusty tennis skills and no braces (thank God)...haha. When I'm out there, I have no worries about apps or work or responsibilities. It's like a mini-vacation twice a week for a couple hours. Too good and way too blessed. :) Only things that are a bit different are that my old doubles partner is one of the summer coaches and pretty much all the current tennis players are 7-9 years younger than me. whoa, totally forgot I was out of high school that long! This is why I bring Frances...haha, j/k. She's 10-12 years older then them, now that's just CRAZY! But the age gaps don't matter, we can still hang in there with them...in fact I'm pretty sure was can beat most of the girls team. I'm not bragging, I'm just saying the girls team has a lot of work to do. They're a young team so they have time to grow and improve. Alright, enough tennis talk and enough updating for now. Must get back to my list of things to do for today. Haha, I've only crossed off one thing so far. -_-
Back to work!
-Donald Miller
Gotta love our journey with God, right? I like that quote because it feels applicable to where I'm at. I mean He's always known me, but I guess the quote just describes my learning process of our relationship. Seriously though, I swear I can hear Him singing sometimes. And I love the idea of seeing the lines on His face. Also for some reason I never actually considered seeing the lines of God's face. Does God have lines? Haha, I don't know. Doesn't matter though cuz He's God.
Anyways, I found that quote in a book I discovered at the thrift store own/operated by my high school youth minister. It's actually pretty cool because all the money earned from that place goes into their mexico missions. Haven't gone on one, a mexico mission that is, since high school. Fran and I planned on going to one a couple weeks ago, but it got canceled do to scheduling conflicts. Maybe it just wasn't the right one. Anyways, I thought it was cool how i was drawn to that book because there are lots of books there and of all the books there, I opened that one. The reason i picked this book is because the title was "blue like jazz." Why in the world would I be interested in a book with that title? Well for one thing I like jazz music, though i don't know much about the music, i just love the random rhythms and sound. Secondly, I like the color blue...haha. True story! So I decided to read the opening paragraph and there was that quote. Needless to say, i bought the book. I wouldn't say it's a great book, but it's an easy read and each chapter is a story about realizations made by the author. Some I can relate to, others are just a little different for me. I suppose this is just part of my summer reading. :)
Other news to share. I started playing tennis twice a week. Yay for summer practices at my old high school. Wish I could play everyday with them, but I like having a job. So i guess it works out evenly. Seriously, i don't know why i forget how much I love playing. It's like a 3 hour break from reality. I love it! I get to be that 15 year old girl again, though slightly more out of shape with rusty tennis skills and no braces (thank God)...haha. When I'm out there, I have no worries about apps or work or responsibilities. It's like a mini-vacation twice a week for a couple hours. Too good and way too blessed. :) Only things that are a bit different are that my old doubles partner is one of the summer coaches and pretty much all the current tennis players are 7-9 years younger than me. whoa, totally forgot I was out of high school that long! This is why I bring Frances...haha, j/k. She's 10-12 years older then them, now that's just CRAZY! But the age gaps don't matter, we can still hang in there with them...in fact I'm pretty sure was can beat most of the girls team. I'm not bragging, I'm just saying the girls team has a lot of work to do. They're a young team so they have time to grow and improve. Alright, enough tennis talk and enough updating for now. Must get back to my list of things to do for today. Haha, I've only crossed off one thing so far. -_-
Back to work!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home